Home of the Giants
Church Road, VA 23833
Dear Midway Community,
On behalf of the staff at Midway Elementary School I am happy to welcome you to the new school year. The staff at MES is looking forward to an outstanding school year in helping our students excel at the highest level. We know that in order for a student to be successful our children need support at home and school. A strong partnership with the entire community, comprised of students, parents and staff, will make a great impact on our student’s school experience. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students' success and we want you to know that we will do our very best everyday to ensure that we carry out our responsibilities as a school. We ask that you guide and support our children’s learning by ensuring that they:
• Attend school on time every day ready to learn.
• Complete all assignments.
• Read daily to develop a love of reading.
• Talk with you about their school day.
• Communicate with the school if you feel your child needs greater support.
• Support the school in promoting responsible behavior.
We also encourage you to be a part of our school community by attending school events, volunteering and joining our school PTO. Our wonderful staff and I are privileged to serve the Midway community and to be an integral part of your children’s lives. We thank you for your support and as always #midwayisthebestway!
Randall W Johnson